This website is provided for individuals interested in joining the health insurance plans made possible by the volunteer administrators of Overseas Building Operations (OBO), Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL), United States Agency for International Development (USAID), and Bowman Gaskins Financial Group.
Who qualifies for this group insurance benefit?
Full Time Personal Service Contractors (PSC’s) of OBO, INL, and USAID, as well as employees of the United States Department of State (DOS) are eligible to join the plan. In the case of the International Plan, Full Time Third Country Nationals (TCNs) are also eligible.
Employees eligible to join include those meeting any of the following criteria:
- Newly hired employees are eligible to join on the 1st day of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Open seasons occur each year as follows:
- Domestic Plan: January 1 through January 31
- International Plan: September 1 through September 30
During this period, eligible personnel may join the plan or make adjustments to coverage (i.e. change from one style of plan to another),
- Employees may be eligible to join or change enrollment at any time when meeting one or more of the following qualifying events: (1) change in marital status; (2) change in family status; (3) change in job or benefits status for employee or spouse; (4) transfer of job site from U.S. to overseas, or vice versa. Any of these changes will allow an employee to enroll as of the date of the event. All paperwork must be filed within 30 days of the event.
Am I a Domestic Employee or an International Employee?
- Domestic employees are those employees stationed within the United States. Click here for further Health Plan Info.
- International employees are those employees stationed outside the borders of the United States of America for a period of six months or longer. Click Here for further information on International Benefits
Some forms obtained from this web site are produced in the Adobe PDF file format for easy printing and viewing. If you do not have Adobe Reader software program on your computer, please see your system administrator to obtain a copy.